Friday, December 23, 2005

The Bionic Woman


When I was in 6th grade, I asked for the Jamie Sommers Bionic Doll for Christmas. I couldn't wait to get her! Oh, it was so fun to watch her run on the TV...You know, with her bionic legs and all. She was so beautiful, that Lindsey Wagner. I had the biggest crush on her that you could ever imagine. I NEVER missed a single episode of The Bionic Woman. I was nuts; nuts about the gal with the bionic ear .

I remember one time, while watching Jamie run across a field of wheat grass, her hair blowing gently in the wind, her plaid/flannel shirt blew open and I caught a glimpse of her bra. No joke. I was in childhood dyko heaven. I'll never forget that episode, even though I can't remember which episode it took place in. Does that make sense? It doesn't matter. Her Cross Your Heart will forever be etched in my mind.

The best thing about the Bionic Woman was that she always ran in slow motion. Do you realize that if it hadn't been shot in slow motion, I never would have caught that little glimpse of heaven? It would have passed me by like a fast locomotive on a warm spring day. But, as luck would have it, Jamie was always filmed running in slow motion. Hence, my lust for her grew and grew.

All the girls in my school were in love with Jamie Sommers. It was a natural phase that we were all going through. In fact, I bet every single chick that went to Friday Night Skating at the local rink wished that they were at home watching Bionic Woman re-runs. Yeah, we all had it bad for Jamie and her bionic dog Max. At least, that's what I thought. Wow, what a rude awakening it was after Christmas break that year when all of the other girls in my grade were gathered around 'Dina', the coolest chick in the upper grades, all drooling over her Six Million Dollar/Steve Austin action figure. They were talking about how cute he was; how strong he was; and how cool he looked with his bionic eye (no pun intended). I stood in the recesses of the crowd thinking, "Steve Austin?? They're drooling over him?"

"Wait," I pleaded, "Jamie Sommers is cute and strong and cool, too!"

"Eww!"

"No she's NOT!!"

"We love STEVE!!"

I stepped even farther back, away from the crowd, clutching my Bionic Woman action figure. I looked at her Bionic legs. I gazed lovingly at her plaid/flannel shirt. I felt like crying. I guess all of the other girls weren't wishing that they were home on Friday night watching Jamie Sommers run in the wheat grass, hoping to get another glimpse of her breasts. It was just me.

I looked at my doll and thought, "I guess you'll have to be my little secret."

I think of this story, and my love for Jamie Sommers quite often, you know, now that Lindsey Wagner is on TV every ten minutes selling Sleep Number Beds --she's #35, by the way! ;)


tags: , , , , ,




©2005 Marcy_Peanut. All rights reserved.

14 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is such a great story...a wonderfully honest and open confession of love!! Good for you...!

I'm here from Michele tonight and so happy to be here!

1:54 AM  
Blogger craziequeen said...

Wasn't school the pits....
Mind you, adulthood ain't much better....

here from Michele

cq

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A brand new blog, and we get to comment on the first post. Way cool. I think I missed the bionic woman completely, but I do see Lindsey Wagner on the sleep number commercial and she does have one sexy voice.

Here from Michele.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post! I think nowadays the girls--straight or not--would be totally willing to admit they thought the Bionic Woman was hot.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

DEB: Sorry, Deb, but I've never had a thing for Pamela A. I actually think Tommy Lee is sexier than her (go figure!!) At any rate, it's cool that both of our dyko heavens started with women running in slow motion!!! ;)

It's really cool that you're the first comment, BTW!

OLOTH: Thank you so much for your warm, loving comment. I appreciate it!

CRAZIEQUEEN: Yes, school was a bit awkward at times. I think adulthood is pretty cool, though. I have more confidence and know who I am now. No apologies.

MARGALIT: Holy potato, Batman...is that a picture of you getting arrested?? I hope not! Thanks for your comment!


KAT: Thanks for visiting! Please come back again. I love your blog!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo said...

8th grade is for people who don't know how to skateboard.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! :0)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

Yes. I also would like to welcome you to the wonderful world of blogging. Stop my my blog one day and have a look around. Happy Holiday Season to you and your family! :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

She's still hot. It's unfair.


(P.S. that Michele chick did not send me - I seem to be the only non-zombie left in the blogosphere.)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you ALL for commenting on my first post!

MILADYSA: Hey, you learn something new everyday, right? *wink wink*

8:41 PM  
Blogger flatlander said...

I just can't resist this pun, that Jamie Somers really put the "bi" in bionic.

Sorry :)

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FLATLANDER: Okay...it's been a few days and I feel as though I am ready to respond to your pun:

Did you try really hard to resist that pun. I mean, maybe next time you could try a little harder??? :P

You're a swell guy, so I'll let it slide!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yes, she was hot. I loved watching her when I was a kid.

I hope you and I don't get in a fight over a woman. ;)

3:14 AM  
Blogger Rains said...

This is really a great TV Show. It looked like a fresh, original, and much more character driven. The actor playing the lead is quite lovely. You can watch this show with all episodes from here so Watch Bionic Woman TV show for free only in a single click...

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home